Residence of the late Tetsujiro Haruta
- Built: 1925
- Designing architect: Goichi Takeda
- Cultural asset: Historic buildings
- Address: 8, Chikara-machi 3-chome, Higashi-ku, Nagoya, Aichi
- Telephone Number: 052-972-2732
- Admission: Free
- Open: 10:00-15:30
- Closed:Mondays and Fridays
An elegant Western-style building that hints of the remnants of the art nouveau movement, this was the home of Tetsujiro Haruta, successful ceramics merchant and founder of Taiyo Shoko Co., Ltd. It is said that Haruta engaged Goichi Takeda to erect the residence. >From 1947 to 1951, the Tetsujiro Haruta residence was taken over by the US military as the headquarters for the 5th Air Squadron. These days, the building is separated into two parts: one, the French restaurant Dubonnet, while the other is open to the public for viewing. Please note that the viewing entrance is at the rear of the building, and Dubonnet is not open to the public for viewing purposes.
- <City Bus> 5 minutes' walk from "Shimizuguchi" or "Shirakabe"
- <Subway> 15 minutes' walk from "Shiyakusho"